Thursday, January 14, 2010

Where's Johnny When You Need Him

The fued between Conan O'Brien and Jay Leon is comical. It's the only thing about those guys that is comical. Okay so I'm starting to sound like a grouchy old man who thinks everything from the past is better than anything in the present. Not true. I think today's television sets are much better than the clunker I had in the 60s when Johnny Carson started on the "Tonight Show." The sets are better but the shows are much worse and no one ever really came up to the standards set by Johnny Carson who hosted the show from 1962-1992. From "Carnac the Magnificent" to "Aunt Blabby" to "Art Fern and The Tea Time Movie," Carson was just plain funny. So in the raging debate over whether Leno or O'Brien should have the better time slot I suggest NBC re-run Carson for the next ten years. They'll save money and the humor will be better.

McGwire Comes Clean

While I'm on this cranky kick let me get in a word about Mark McGwire's admission that he took steroids and he's sorry about it. I'm glad he came clean and I wish him well as hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals. Now here's the shocker, I think he deserves a chance to be voted into the Hall of Fame. If and when he does make it I would only ask that his bust be made the exact size of his head during the performasnce enhancement years. Big head, big bust, it's only fair.

Bowl Season

I can't believe the college bowl season is over already. It seems like only six months ago it was just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment