Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Twenty-Ten

I'm happy to report I've made the successful transition from 2009 to 20-ten. I've only written a couple of checks this year so far and I've avoided having to cross out 2009 each time. As far as what to call the new year I'm going with 20-ten because it rolls off the tongue easier. Two thousand ten takes too long to say.

A few days before January 1 I made a short list of resolutions for the new year. If I share them with you now it'll put pressure on me to actually achieve the goals I've set for myself.

Every year I set a goal to read one book a month and I'm doing that again. In the interest of honesty I can say I did not succeed with my lits in 2009. I ended up reading 10 news book in 2009 and now the 12 I'd hoped for. This year I'm going for 15. My first book this year is the story of Yankees Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra. As soon as I finish that I'll start on a book about the late comedian George Carlin.

My second goal this year is to learn Spanish. Many of the players on the SoundersFC soccer team speak Spanish and I'd love to be able to have a conversation with them without an interpreter.

My third goal is to get back to my running again. I used to run marathons and train 50 or 60 miles a week. I don't need to get back to that level but I would like to run between 15-20. I think my knees can take it. We'll see.

Goal setting is fun and rewarding. Start slowly so you don't get overwhelmed. List one of two achieveable goals, get started, achieve them and go from there. With each new success you'll find yourself moving to the next level with more ease and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment