Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Twitter or Not

I admit it, I'm a baby boomer, born in the 1940s. My life was fine before lap tops, cell phones and GPS systems and it was certainly fine before Face Book and Twitter. I don't need Face Book or Twitter so why did I sign up for both? I'll answer that. I don't need a talking JFK doll or a 1968 rookie Tom Seaver card either but I have both.

At least I get some enjoyment out of pushing the button on JFKs lapel and hearing him say, "Ask not what your country can do for you," over and over again. I'm not sure if I get any enjoyment out of Face Book or Twitter. I really don't care what concert my friends went to last weekend. Unless it was a Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons reunion it was a waste of time and money anyway.

I've been on Face Book for a month and Twitter for a week and I'm on the verge of leaving both. If I really want to send a message out to all my friends I'll call them or type a letter on my manual Royal typewriter to each one of them, spend $20 on stamps and drop them in a mail box. What a concept.

I have to go now. Just got Tweeted from someone who's interested in buying my talking JFK doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment